Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Kiss Unfound

So often, did I give that thing away
To find an unfound happiness, till day
Did it cost me anything, say?
Or did I have to repay...

No! T'was you who liked it and I had it
My potentials; gave it all
A long breath, a small breeze,
A splash of mint, a tinge of love...

Let the moments pass by
While we still are arm in arm
Exchanging the kiss, which you so longed
And then give finally the final yawn

No more, no less
But satisfaction does surface
As tear roll down your silver eyes
Which take me deep from the skies...

By then, you seem to bade me bye
And I, happy as a cute little boy
Wish you a 'sayonara', just to
Wake up to realize, you were but my dream...

What woke me, was not you
But the alarm at my bedside
And I disappointed await for
The nest time you'll pass by...

-- Smartha Guha Thakurta

Disclaimer: Written by my brother Smartha during his summer internship days in Delhi in 1998

No comments: