Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shun Depression

To see the tumult of patience
Shy away into a shrinkin' ambition
And then make that steep fall
With no hold, to my senses...
I know, I am in pressure
But can't resist putting all my important things
To be done later, in leisure
Just to sink deeper in the quick sand.

To show the light, I need a candle
To find a hold, I need a hand
So that I restore my hopes that have dwindled
And to make a new humble beginning
Cute was my life before but now
I can't believe what I'm up to
Ne'er expected this to happen
But life's like that -- turns and twists

So when I'm holding that straw in despair,
I try to analyze and repair
My past by enlightening my future
With my pen in hand, I write to my brain
Shun depression; come the rain
After the hot sunny days ... Ahoy
To relieve -- one and all
Before the candle burns out, and all.

-- Smartha Guha Thakurta

Disclaimer: The above was written by my brother Smartha during his summer internship days in Delhi in 1998

2 comments:

Jas said...

the positioning of hope against the overpowering darkness. That's a good feeling.

Sarit Guha Thakurta said...

Thanks :)