Monday, November 24, 2008

Teary Days and Scary Nights

There was a time long gone by
When I had decided never to cry
Miseries came and sorrows brewed
My father left, and he died
But never did I shed even a tear dried

Then, time changed and I met someone
Who made me feel it was alright to cry
In her presence sometimes tears came in my eyes
But they were mainly to make me realize
Good things happen and so do bad
And it’s alright to cry when sad

Never did I realize then
That this was a practice that was meant
For sorrows that future had
For loneliness that would turn me mad

Juxtaposing the moments of the past
With the present moments that cast
A dazed look over my eyes
And in these moments my heart cries
Tears well up in my eyes
I try to be strong and hold them back
But the boulders of the dam I built in the past I lack
Why were those boulders stripped off me?
Why couldn’t they be left as they be?

I do not know what lies ahead
But closing my eyes is something I dread
As the past months rush into my head
I wish it was left unsaid
It’s worse to live like this than be dead

People come and people go
Some bring darkness, some bring glow
But whatever life has to throw at me
The Rock of Gibraltar my heart will be.

-- Sarit Guha Thakurta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When this boat is wrecked, completely, thoroughly, only then can you build a new one. And its a scary feeling, to have been above the sea for so long, plunging head-long into it.

Let the sea take you in thoroughly, completely. Suffer completely. That is the only way to heal. Holding back just makes you suffer secretly, that is even worse. Don't worry, the healing will happen, in time. Not an assurance, just the reality. Hold on.